[url= THINGS I CANNOT DENY: SXSW-Antics BLOGGER /CHRONICLE PARTY

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

SXSW-Antics BLOGGER /CHRONICLE PARTY

So there I was a typical Monday wondering what to do...
One of my friends in the soft-ware industry tells me about this party for BLOGGER at CLUB-DE-VILLE that starts at 6:30. I'm thinking "net-work, techie geeks?" hmmm........let's go check it out!

We get there at about 6:45 and the line is curling around the block.....we meet some people covering some bands for an Italian music magazine in Milan. Finally, after about 30 minutes in line we get into CLUB-DE-VILLE. Free food,open bar and lots, and lots of computer , techie geeks. Somehow, I missed out on the free BLOGGER t-shirts and caps........damn it.

Some of the people I do remember meeting are; DAN FREED and KINGA (?) of GOOGLE INTERACTIVE TV out of San. Francisco California, MICHAEL HERNANDEZ for (SI) spanish language tv out of los angeles. Many , many cool , cool people and great, FREE foo, open bar and a dj.

After spending about 30 minutes walking around I hear..."Hey on-on.......BRRR...". I stop and wonder...hmmm....hasher I know from out of town? We turn around and it is none other than Austin's own, "FLASH". He asks me what I'm doing here and what I think of this party etc. Then tells us about the CHRONICLE PARTY with TRISH MURPHY/CHARLIE SEXTON going on later that night at La Zona Rosa. We hang out for a little while longer at the BLOGGER party and then go over to LA ZONA ROSA.

The CHRONICLE party was far less cool.....well...let me explain. This was the Film party and NOT the interactive crew. The people were great to people watch but FAR less approachable than the BLOGGER party. It was definetely more L.A. hits Austin...

Managed to meet again some really cool people and ran into "SOCIAL RETARD" at about midnight. Also saw Austin Mayor WILL WYNN cruising LA ZONA ROSA and jamming to CHARLIE SEXTON. Great to see all the Austinites out supporting great events...
Movies I was told to see:
TV junkie (documentary)
BATTE-Road to somewhere (documentary-UK)

SXSW ROCKS!

5 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

His Burning Man name is Flash, his hash name is Dead Nuts On

Tuesday, March 14, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

ok...thanks...that's how he introduced himself to me. I honestly couldn't remember.....
anyway, going to another party Sat. during the day at Opal Divine's from 3-6.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006  
Blogger Asian Princess said...

Blogger party with geeks is down my alley.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006  
Blogger Barbara said...

Dang..that sounds like fun...I'm jealous:)

Tuesday, March 14, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

the Blogger party was definetely better than the Chronicle party. Met some really cool computer interactive geeks...most live in California (SF, LA etc.) bummer, eh? the Chronicle party was mostly film, producer weirdos ...
Although met a really cool talent agent lady who lives in Dallas.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home