[url= THINGS I CANNOT DENY: Bagel Fest 5K- Where's the Schmear and Coffee???

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Bagel Fest 5K- Where's the Schmear and Coffee???

The annual BAGEL FEST 5K at the DELL JCC here in Austin started out on a better note than last year. This year they had police coverage for the streets and no driving rain to delay the start for 30 minutes. YIPEE!!!

Morning festivities began with getting my chip and talking with fellow GILBERT'S GAZELLE's runners and ROGUE runner and trainer extradinaire: RUTH ENGLAND.
Not more than 5 minutes later the Gov his , RICK PERRYness,comes on over to make small talk.....jimney x-mas this guy made EXTREMELY small talk! (Well he was wearing his Texas A& M racing shirt) then after some truly gnaw your arm off boring conversation "The GOV" decided that us unimportant GILBERT"S GAZELLE's weren't worth talking to he walked up and started chatting with PAUL CARROZZA (owner of RUNTEX.) I hope they had a far more stimulating conversation.....yea.....whatever! Hope the bats under the Congress Avenue bridge invade the capital building.

Finally , race time came and we all lined up (including THE GOV and his secret service goons...) Anyway, a quick 21 minutes through the neighborhood and I was ready for a bagel! This year's race was a little bigger so, instead of being 2nd overall woman I was 5th (damn 14 year old girls!!!!! ;LOL) Anyway, went in and the bagels were flowing like water......all flavors. Even Krispy Kreme donuts....PUT DOWN THE KRISPY KREME the voice in my head said!!!

I broke down and had a chocolate chip bagel . (damn KRISPY KREMES) I started to look for some cream cheese (schmear) to break up the chewiness of the bagel. no luck....no schmears, no hot chocolate, no coffee, no Sprite , nada, nothing! I was wondering if the "GOV" had hid a secret stash somehwere?!?!?!?

So after many minutes of standing around awards were handed out (1st age group for me!!!) and it was time for my massage!
My massage was pretty decent 10 minute FREE massage,...did I mention it was FREE???? Anyway, couldn't beat the price. After the massage, awards and chewy bagels I looked around to see who was still there....no more "GOV", no more PAUL CARROZZA (of RUNTEX) and no more GILBERT"s GAZELLE's.

It was finally time to escape the Bagel Fest 2006 before the Purim Carnival began at the DEll JCC. I wonder if the "GOV" came back for the Purim carnival........

2 Comments:

Blogger PackerPundit said...

OMGaaawd... I could use a Free Massage and a bagel about now... that sounds freakin awesome

Monday, March 06, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

yea...the bagels were not so good. Massage was awesome.!!!! Award was ok. Would've been cooler had they made them out of bagels....lol:)

Monday, March 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home