[url= THINGS I CANNOT DENY: Sponsorship...What's the Deal???

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sponsorship...What's the Deal???

If any of you out there have ever dealt with ahtletic sponsorhsip (shoes, races, teams, product) you know its BRUTALLY competitive. In the past, I have been blessed with always having good sponsor from the time I was in high school playing tennis (WILSON RAQUETS, ELLESSE CLOTHES, TOURNAGRIP etc.) to post -college with running.

Well 2006 started out with a bang as a former sponsor NIKE was back on the band-wagon with shoes , clothes and running gigs (they would even pay me!!!!) WOOOHOOOO!!!! SHOW ME THE CLIENTS....

Fast forward to February : NIKE kinda waffles on their deal with RUNTEX ( as they did in Dallas) ..WTF? I have shoes, clothes but no dates for the running gigs.......sad.

Then yesterday another former sponsor of mine POWERBAR sent me a package!!!! I think WOOOHOOO POWER BAR is up and running again aftger a two-year absence. The reality is I got a nice box of POWER BARS and a later explaining that since I was a former sponsored athlete that they are trying to give first time ahtletes a chance...blah....blah....blah....blah....

NIKE JUST DO IT!!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

I must say this is by far the most interesting post you have made. Keep posts like this (current stuff) up.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

thanks man! you can be my personal cheerleader...:)

Wednesday, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Gagger said...

Nike can suck it...I'm a Puma girl!

Good luck with the sponsorships though. :)

Wednesday, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

Hmmm...Puma? Maybe I'll se if I can cut a gig with them....lol! Can I mention your name AG????

Wednesday, March 01, 2006  
Blogger RTBW said...

ohhh -
can u save me a power bar?
good luck on the sponsorships.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

I only got 1 flavor Peanut Butter/chocolate......
about 12 of them..

Wednesday, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

I only got 1 flavor Peanut Butter/chocolate......
about 12 of them..

Wednesday, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

I only got 1 flavor Peanut Butter/chocolate......
about 12 of them..

Wednesday, March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home