[url= THINGS I CANNOT DENY: Spring Training....Baseball is BACK!!!!!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Spring Training....Baseball is BACK!!!!!

Today was not a great day in baseball as a Minnesota Twin legend passed away...Kirby Puckett.....
He was one of my favorite players.

On a brighter note though...SPRING TRAINING is in full swning ( no pun intended :) My "desk" boyfriends /bobbleheads: Paulie Konerko, Johnny Damon and Jason Varitek are ready for another thrilling season. (BTW- they are all "HGH" Human Growth Hormone free....serious plastic...but to the best of my knowledge "HGH" free) unlike Barry Bonds...sad, really.

Atlhough, I have to now paint a NEW YORK YANKEES uniform on my BOSTON RED-SOX JOHNNY DAMON...grrr....
At least, PAUL KONERKO and JASON VARITEK stayed true to their teams.....wooohoo. BTW- if you are ever at a loss for what to get me as a gfit my desk bobblehead team is always looking for more players.....
Is that a hint or what?!?!?

Anyway, baseball always brings back memories for me of sitting at Wrigley Field or US Cellular Field (formerly Comiskey Park) in Chicago. It all started in 1995 with a former neighbor of mine, STEVE SAX (former Rookie of the Year for the LA DODGERS). Fast forward to the elevator at about 11:00 p.m. on a Sunday night....STEVE SAX coming back from a road-trip, me coming back from San Francisco. I said , "Where are the doormen when you need them to help with your luggage?!?!?" haha

One quick elevator trip later .....we had plans to lay by the pool the next day. I had NO idea who this guy was.....I found out real fast. At the pool, my friend , flight attendant for United and former ST. LOUIS CARDINAL p.r. person, says "Holy crap, That's STEVE SAX!!!!!" Again, I had NO idea...I just looked at her and said , "We met last night coming up in the elevator from trips...."

Well, a few more times of laying at the pool, dinner and a few drinks I finally figured out who put the "WHORE" in the "MANWHORE"....it was STEVE SAX!!! Don't let that cameo role on the t.v. show the "SIMPSONS" fool you...SAXIE boy is a full fledged "MANWHORE". (only rivaled at that time by WADE BOGGS and MAUDE ADAMS) Who knew he was just separated and had kids?!?!?!? I was just freshly divorced...silly me.

LET"S PLAY BALL!!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger babyG said...

I do not have your email

you can email me babyg@vvm.com

Wednesday, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

nobonks@yahoo.com

Wednesday, March 08, 2006  
Blogger PackerPundit said...

hellooooooooo

Like Im the biggest Manwhore LOL

who the hell is steve sax anyway??? you said the dodgers?

dont know him but Im more into football and hockey

Wednesday, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Rafael said...

Baseball... yawn. Are you sure it wasn’t you that was boring during your exchange with the guvna?

Thursday, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

No, Raf...yawn...maybe when you talk with the gov next you can wear that neato viking hat. I'm sure you'll have quite a conversation!!!!

Thursday, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

Romey:
Steve Sax is back about 10 years ago. He's about 7+ years older than me :) Google him....

Thursday, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

As for MANWHORES..I have had unfortunately way too much experience there. This last one was a pathological womanizer- I think that's the same as a MANWHORE

Friday, March 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home