[url= THINGS I CANNOT DENY: The boy King- KING TUT

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The boy King- KING TUT

The last time this exhibit was in Chicago was 1975 or so. So, now that I'm a few years older I decided it was about time to see King TUT.

As I was walking through and looking at the 5,000 + year old aritfacts - Steve Martin's "King Tut" was constantly going through my head. The exhibit itself was amazing with many jeweled ankh's, masks, and even actual mummies.

I started thinking that being "mummified" isn't so bad. You get to be buried with many of your favorite things to assist in the afterlife. I guess my tomb would include: my running shoes, my Ipod, my Chi flat iron and possibly ...a...er...a vibrator. What would you all choose to bring to the afterlife?

5 Comments:

Blogger RTBW said...

my batman comics
an ipod filled with funk, prince, james brown, miles davis, john coltrane
a st. arnold's keg full o beer
marilyn monroe playboy

Wednesday, July 26, 2006  
Blogger Rafael said...

I'd want my ipod, my running shoes, Hilda, some gas money, and a big booty ho.

Saturday, July 29, 2006  
Blogger All Head, No Shaft said...

After seeing the mummification (sp?) museum in Luxor I would have to say a very hot oven in which to cremate me, you can have my junk.

Saturday, July 29, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

Raf~you are going to have a rockin' afterlife too.

Rubbin~ we will be partying with you too

All Head-come and join us!!!

Sunday, July 30, 2006  
Blogger babyG said...

I went to Chicago in the 8th grade and saw the King Tut Exhibit ...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home